libcurl installation problem (was Re: Welcome to the "curl-library" mailing list)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:45:28 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, A. V. Josh wrote:

Please take a minute to read up on our mailing list etiquette guidelines. You
just violated about half of our "rules" in a single posting:

  http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html

> I am facing a problem after migrating from oracle 10 to 11g. Pro*C code
> using curl.h is not able to compile. Getting below error:
>
> --------------
>
> "/usr/include/curl/curlrules.h", line 134.6: 1506-195 (S) Integral constant
> expression with a value greater than zero is required.

So what exactly have you done? Did you install libcurl from source and if so
how and which version?

> Curl version is v 1.370 2008-10-17 03:59:02

That's not a curl version and the date seems to indicate something very old
and outdated.

> Can you please help? Do i need to upgrade curl ?

Surely even Oracle provides curl in a (RPM?) package somewhere you can just
install?