Re: limits of independent curl connections

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:40:43 +0100

"Tom K." <lists_at_citizenkeen.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/tomisarobot/curl_race
>
> This example creates a CURL handle and then sends data in a loop. I
> start 200 of these applications up and eventually the system will
> become unresponsive to the point of having to press the power button.

When running curl_race.exe in a long sequence here, I don't see any problem.
But in run_many.bat you start so many processes in parallel that you hit
this problem. Buffer/stack overflow, starved Winsock buffers, runtime
DLL limits etc. What happens if you experiment with other 'start' options?
E.g. 'start /BELOWNORMAL'? I agree with Daniel that this problem is outside
the scope of libcurl.

I'm not sure the MS C++ is as good as other C++ compilers. You seems to
be using VC++8 which is quite old. So you should try a recent GNU C++
(and maybe Watcom C++) to rule out libcurl from the equation.

PS. In the project-file I saw you did use '-D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS'.
  Why?

--gv