Re: header mysteries when not using curl_slist_append

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 00:59:07 +0100

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 06:02:17PM -0500, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> I need to post some xml data to a remote point and then wait and listen for a reply.
> This all seems to be going well except for the mystery of headers. I really don't know
> what headers are really being sent to the remote url and wonder if libcurl adds in
> things I don't know about.

The code you attached shows that you have a major misunderstanding about how
the libcurl API works. I would start over, using the http-post.c example code as
a basis. Once you see that working, read libcurl-tutorial(3) to see why it
works and how to expand the example to do what you're looking for. The rule of
thumb is to not use a curl_easy_setopt option unless you are positive it is
necessary to accomplish what you are trying to do.

>>> Dan