Re: header mysteries when not using curl_slist_append

From: Dennis Clarke <dclarke_at_blastwave.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 19:05:33 -0500

> The code you attached shows that you have a major misunderstanding
> about how
> the libcurl API works. I would start over

so rtfm .. again.. great.

> using the http-post.c
> example code as
> a basis.

looked at that .. won't work as there are no fields on the end point such as name=foo etc.

However .. I guess I could just shove the entire datastream to be sent into the parameter for CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS. That seems to be what you suggest.

> Once you see that working, read libcurl-tutorial(3) to see
> why it
> works and how to expand the example to do what you're looking for. The
> rule of
> thumb is to not use a curl_easy_setopt option unless you are positive
> it is
> necessary to accomplish what you are trying to do.

hey .. this is a process of try something, fall over, stand up, ask a question, try again, fall over, ask a question .. try something else .. fall over .. stand up.

So yeah .. I get it.

dc