Re: Issue regarding gss-negotiation in libcurl(user password enabling)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:12:23 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Arunav Sanyal wrote:

> I have identified the affected code. It resided in the init_sec_context call
> in http_negotiate.c call. It always uses the default
> credentials(GSS_C_NO_CREDENTIAL flag is responsible) in line 245 of my
> version(libcurl 7.19.6). I have developed a fix and am currently validating
> and testing with my superiors before applying.

Thanks a lot for your work and help here!

That's a really old libcurl version. It'd be really cool if you would check if
the bug still remains (the same way) in a more modern version.

> My patch is highly prototypical in nature ( right now i plan on setting on
> usename password hardcoded). However that is a minor issue. Since I am new
> to programming in large projects, I wish to make a contribution upstream and
> I do not know the procedure. I have the setup to test my changes. I appeal
> to the principal curl developers to direct me regarding this matter

See http://curl.haxx.se/dev/contribute.html and perhaps especially the section
"Pushing Out Your Changes". If there's any pending questions after reading
that, please ask and we'll help you further (and can update the docs
accordingly)!