Re: VMS fixes needed to allow building.

From: Tom Grace <Thomas.Grace_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 18:58:05 +0000

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se<mailto:daniel_at_haxx.se?Subject=Re:%20VMS%20fixes%20needed%20to%20allow%20building.>>
To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 13:47:10 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: VMS fixes needed to allow building.

On Sun, 6 Jan 2013, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>AFAIK config-vms.h was always manually created and an omission would just
>equal not being defined and that should be fine for missing features.
>We of course welcome patches that fix flaws! I don't think we have a very big
>user base on VMS.
>As you can run configure, config-vms.h shouldn't be needed/used in the first
>place!
I am joining the list, as a VMS user, so im now part of "user base"! Hopefully this is the correct mailing-list, as I am starting a project to use CURL on VMS. So currently am prototyping solutions. I am using the binary kit as found on the download page of 7.19.5 with the matching source for compiling.
My project will be performing https, currently we have HPSSL installed. A sample c-program calling curl is working, complied with the curl-source for 7.19.5 and linking with binarys for 7.19.5
First question> Im I supposed to be using a more recent version?
I have tried VMS_BUILD_COM but it is not working, is this because of needed updates as said in the "thread" ?
Second questions> Is the suggestion to HPSSL or OPENSSL?
Thanks.