Re: Recent IMAP changes

From: Jiří Hruška <jirka_at_fud.cz>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 10:48:48 +0100

Steve, thank you very much for your help with preparing the patches
correctly and pushing them all upstream. I think it's been vitaly
important that you've been highly involved, because you'll end up
maintaining it all from now on ;)

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> You guys have really been committing like crazy recently! A while ago I
> counted 172 of the 267 commits done since the previous release to concern
> one or more email protocols!
Heh, sorry we stole the release like this! But there are not as many
changes as it seems, it's just that Steve likes a safer, iterative
approach and there were a lot of subsequent cleanup commits of both
the legacy and new code.

This all started when I was asked to provide IMAP support for one
libcurl component at work, in quite a short timeframe ("I see IMAP
support on cURL website, you shouldn't need much time"). In the end,
as it happens, nobody has probably used the IMAP support there yet as
far as I know... So I thought I'd at least make sure it goes back to
the main project, so that some of those other 500 M users could
benefit from the work too. I'm glad that's been successful.

Thanks again,
Jiri