Possible to send a FTP command without doing a directory listing?

From: Paul Pearcy <paul.pearcy_at_markit.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 01:49:14 -0500

Hi,
  First off, wanted to thank Daniel and others involved for this awesome library. Great work!

I want to be able to keep a FTP connection alive without opening a new FTP data channel.

My issue is that I can't figure out how to send a FTP control command without also doing a directory listing or a file operation. Is it possible to send a control command (eg, PWD) without also performing a directory listing on an already open handle that is idle? I've played around with QUOTE command (that does a dir listing), though.

I am running on win64.

Thanks!
Paul

This e-mail, including accompanying communications and attachments, is strictly confidential and only for the intended recipient. Any retention, use or disclosure not expressly authorised by Markit is prohibited. This email is subject to all waivers and other terms at the following link: http://www.markit.com/en/about/legal/email-disclaimer.page

Please visit http://www.markit.com/en/about/contact/contact-us.page? for contact information on our offices worldwide.