Re: curl_easy_perform() failed: Couldn't connect to server

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:21:33 +0100

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:07:44AM -0400, Anil J wrote:
> Just to test a new scenario, I changed the URL to a HTTP web server running on
> the same host, but still same error persist. I can fetch the web server from
> the firefox browser, but not from the curl program.
>
> Looks like something obvious is missing. Can somebody help?
[...]
> --2013-03-14 18:23:58--  http://gmail.com/
> Resolving localhost (localhost)... 127.0.0.1
> Connecting to localhost (localhost)|127.0.0.1|:8080... failed: Connection
> refused.

It looks like you have a proxy configured. If you're not doing it explicitly in
your app, then you probably have an environment variable set. See if
"env | grep -i proxy" shows such a variable, clear it and try again! Or, see if
Firefox has a different proxy server configured and use that one instead.

>>> Dan