libuv example

From: Clemens Gruber <clemens.gruber_at_pqgruber.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:31:23 +0100

Hi,

I am sure many of you are aware that libev and libevent only support
select()/poll() on Windows, but not the nice and much faster IO
Completion Ports API.
Luckily, the guys from Node.js made a library called libuv. It should be
equally fast on unixes (uses epoll/kqueue/etc like libev/libevent) but
it should be MUCH faster on Windows due to libuv's usage of IO
completion ports.
Could come in handy if you have to manage several hundreds or thousands
of connections! Benchmarks would be very interesting.

I just updated an example for uvbook, to show how to integrate libuv
with libcurl. (Using the multi interface)

Maybe the following code example would also be an interesting one for
the curl homepage?
If you agree, I will create a pull request on Github. Then we could
improve it further. What do you think?

Here is the code: https://gist.github.com/clemensg/5248927

Best regards,
Clemens