Re: "Better pipelining in libcurl 7.30.0"

From: Oscar Koeroo <okoeroo_at_nikhef.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:23:22 +0100

On 26-03-13 22:31, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> "Now, more than six years later, Linus Nielsen Feltzing (a colleague and
> friend at Haxx) strikes back with a much improved and almost completely
> revamped HTTP pipelining support (merged into master just hours before the
> new-feature window closed for the pending 7.30.0 release). This time, the
> implementation features and provides:"
>
> http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2013/03/26/better-pipelining-in-libcurl-7-30-0/

Hi,

I've scanned the pull request but couldn't directly see/understand what
will happen if I'm using two different ports for HTTP traffic to the
same server in the same curl run.

As I understood the implementation, big disclaimer, the pipelining works
such that you setup the TCP/IP connection once and push multiple
requests over it. When you do this, the HTTP requests are selected per
hostname.

Hence my thought: shouldn't this be selected per hostname+port number
instead?

        Oscar