Re: Test results for W32

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 16:20:37 +0200

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 05:29:10PM +0400, LRN wrote:
> 24 285 543 571 1309 fail due to \r\n vs \n difference (my guess is
> that data is sent over the network with correct EOLS, but curl client
> prints it in text mode).

Is this an issue with how you unpacked the source code? IIRC, the test suite
should handle this issue. Someone else can comment on other known issues
with running on Windows, but I thought it was working in Cygwin.

> Can't really say what's wrong with other tests. Most of them don't
> give any output, maybe i haven not compiled appropriate parts of curl
> that are tested in there?

The test suite auto-detects most curl build configurations. Only if you used an
exotic configure or compile flag should you need to worry about this (see the
REDUCING SIZE section of INSTALL). The first log showed some signs of improper
test suite shutdown in some of the tests. Try making sure all the test suite
processes are shut down and running the failing tests one at a time. Also, use
the -d option to look for issues with starting & stopping the protocol test
servers.

>>> Dan