Re: Name lookup/DNS resolution mechanism of libcurl

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 13:04:31 +0200

hi Gisle,
On 10.04.2013 12:37, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> "Guenter" <lists_at_gknw.net> wrote:
>
>>> How can USE_THREADS_WIN32 both be defined and set to 0?
>>> The "&& USE_THREADS_WIN32 == 0" part is superfluous AFAICS.
>> well, simply by -DUSE_THREADS_WIN32=0 ...
>
> I think you know I already knew that.
sorry; I didnt think further about, but that was just the answer to your
question as I understood it;
and to be 100% sure I quickly checked it with the test sample ...
also I wouldnt be much surprised if the test sample would give other
results with other preprocessors than the one from gcc ...

> Just that it's highly suspicious
> that it was needed. I forgot the reason behind this and possibly in some
> time, nobody will understand the historic reason.
>
>> honestly I'm not happy with that hack, and if someone has something
>> better in mind please speak up!
>
> Me neither. That's why I reacted on this tree-state logic.
lets 1st get the pending release out of the door;
the current 'logic' seems at least to work better than what we had
before; and after the release we should check for a better solution like
Yang suggested - but that would then cause to modify all Windows static
makefiles, and a bunch of testing would then be required too (for which
I have not the time ATM).

Gün.