How to do sftp without an SSH agent

From: <ols6000_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:29:36 -0700

Hi -

I am trying to use libcurl in a Windows C++/MFC application, to do
sftp. I've successfully built OpenSSL, libSSH2 and libcurl using
Visual Studio 2005.

When I followed the example in sftpget.c, I discovered that to do
sftp requires an SSH agent (e g, pageant). For various reasons, I
need to make my application self-contained. So I am asking for advice
from you libcurl gurus on how much work this would be. I can either
incorporate the extra code into my application, or modify libcurl to
include it.

I have no experience with either SSH or libcurl, so if you can give
me an overview of what is required, and some idea of how difficult it
would be to implement, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

32-bit Windows XP, SP3. libcurl 7.29.0.