Re: How to do sftp without an SSH agent

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:57:23 -0600

On Apr 11, 2013, at 11:29 AM, ols6000_at_sbcglobal.net wrote:

> When I followed the example in sftpget.c, I discovered that to do sftp requires an SSH agent (e g, pageant). For various reasons, I need to make my application self-contained. So I am asking for advice from you libcurl gurus on how much work this would be. I can either incorporate the extra code into my application, or modify libcurl to include it.

You don't need to use the option CURLSSH_AUTH_AGENT if you don't want to use it. It's just there to make it easier for users with a pre-generated DSA/RSA key pair to log into an SSH server. If you set it to CURLSSH_AUTH_ANY, then libcurl will pick one, and your app may need to ask users for their passphrase if they want to authenticate using a key pair rather than a password.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>