Re: Test 1900 isn't working due to a Linux-specific call

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:50:34 +0200

Hi there,

2013/4/16 Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>:
> Please try the attached patch. It uses poll() instead of epoll().

since I am currently trying to make the test suite work on Windows, it
would be great if we could avoid those Unix-only functions. Neither
epoll nor poll are available on Windows-based Python installations.
The recently introduced libuv example made me take a look into the
libuv library and it looks promising. Maybe we could try to move all
the event-based / asynchronous network code use an abstraction layer
(such as libevent, libev or the new libuv). This would also remove the
dependency on Python. (Of course it would introduce a new dependency
for the abstraction layer at the same time.)

As Daniel said, this is probably not something which can be done in
the short term, but like the SSL abstraction layer idea I would like
to raise the awareness that such abstraction layers could be a nice
long term goal.

Best regards,
Marc