Re: Curl 7.29.0 core dump

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:51:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013, Ceri Davies wrote:

> It does crash at the same point (the stack traces look identical), and it
> crashes after we have done thousands of calls though the interface (47000+
> in the last one I looked at). This crash does not occur with 7.15.5. I also
> have another problem with intermittent failure, that could need mutexes that
> I'll be writing up later today. I'll compile the 7.29.0 code with full
> debug, but given that this only happens after several thousand send/recv
> calls, full debug may alter the timing.

Right, I realize there's a risk of that. Hopefully the problem isn't that
timing sensitive.

> Also, how do I use a different resolver backend?

Run configure with the --enable-threaded-resolver or --enable-ares options.
The latter obviously requires you to have c-ares installed as well.

Another little work-around you could test is to set CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL to 1L and
see if avoid using signals help.