Re: How can I download multiple files using http protocol

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 22:23:01 -0600

On Apr 24, 2013, at 8:35 PM, Aldrich <fenghelongnjit_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> as the program you can see ,the files` url I have identified,now my problem is that if I do not know the files` url,or I just know the web` url ,how can download the files in this website,for example the websitemirrors.163.com,I know using ftp protocol can download multiple files.Can anyone help me deal with this problem.

As I said earlier, HTTP, unlike FTP, has no universally-available method of getting a directory's contents, so you will have to figure out how to download the contents yourself, and then parse the results in code. Some sites print directory listings in HTML, some use WebDAV, and most intentionally obscure the underlying filesystem. The site you mentioned appears to do the first of those three, so your program will have to read the data from the Web site, and then parse the HTML for hyperlinks. Once you have the hyperlinks, you can use easy handles to fetch them. Good luck.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>