Re: cURL Setup

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:02:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, Joël Langlois wrote:

(replying to http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2013-04/0038.html)

> I would like to know if there is a way to utilize this library in the form
> of a Unity Build, since such eases maintenance greatly, and is preferable to
> my company's workflow.

First, you're talking libcurl now so curl-library would be the better list to
discuss this on. Please consider follow-ups to that list. I'm cc'ing my
response over there.

Then, I assume what you mean with "a Unity Build" is where you include
everything into a single source file and build that? I don't see how that
changes how you _use_ the library, it would only change how you build it. And
exactly in which way would that make anything simpler?

> The only issue I have at the moment to setup the library in such a way is
> inclusion order, and would greatly appreciate any tips/directions if it is
> possible to get it working this way.

You're only getting yourself more work rather than less by trying this. I've
never even considered doing that so I don't have any particular good
suggestions. I figure you just have to do the work by reading up and trying a
lot.