Re: What is "libcurl transfer operation"?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:49:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013, Felix E. Klee wrote:

> Hm, fact is that the program is hanging, somewhere deep inside. So far, I
> only once got the chance once to attach `gdb` during a hang. It could also
> be an issue with `libev` or another component.

libcurl should never be allowed to "hang" for an extended period of time. It
still has a few places in the code that isn't done entirely non-blocking but
they should be few and they should never hang completely.

What protocols are you using?

If you can attach gdb to such a condition, then please show us a stack trace.
Of course, this is really only interesting if you're using a recent libcurl as
I'm not really up to digging into the past.

> We're using libcurl 7.24.0.

That should be working fine timeout-wise. But we have fixed at least 230 bugs
since...