BCC Compile failures -- but MinGW32 O.K.

From: Mel Smith <syntel_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 15:29:25 -0600

Hi Curl Folks:

    For the last three days, I have been trying to create a libcurl.lib
library for the Borland suite of Compilers. I have tried BCC 5.5.1, BCC
5.8.2, BCC 6.5.0, and now BCC 6.6.0

    But, I built *successfully* the libcurl library with MinGW 4.7.1 with
*no* problem. However, I must have a Borland-based library.

    I am trying to build on my Win XP Pro (sp3) development machine

    I am attaching my log file from the BCC build for your perusal as
borland.log. The last lines show the first compile failure -- in http.c.

    Please note that there is a conflict between winsock2.h and your
select.h header files when each of these header files tries to define the
pollfd struct

    But, if one comments out the pollfd struct in select.h (which will
surely later cause a failure), then the second compile failure occurs in the
easy.c package where symbol 'wcsdup' is undefined at line 201

    Hope I can help you in debugging this problem .

    (I will be later using the libcurl library from my own app)

    (My background is in higher level languages than C. Specifically, the
Harbour language which is based on C --- comp.lang.xharbour)

Thank you !

Mel Smith
webmaster
www.mesaeastpark.com