Client authenticated closed SSL with curl NSS

From: Richard Levenberg <richardl_at_ufp.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 19:59:32 -0700

I have a use case to use only a very specific truststore and one client
certificate. This works fine with curl compiled against OpenSSL:

curl --cacert truststore.pem --cert example.com.pem:test
https://example.com

What is the equivalent of this when compiled with NSS? My concern is
that the shift in paradigm with NSS is completely orthogonal to my use
case in that I do not want any other application sharing my truststore,
nor do I want to install my client certificate for any other
application's usage.