Re: unable to connect to proxy using libcurl with --enable-proxy

From: Chris Ghormley <chris_at_set-point.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 15:04:20 -0700

On Sat, 25 May 2013 23:06:26 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> --disable-nonblocking \
> This doesn't exist in 7.30.0, does it?
Good point. My configure script was written back in 2009. Fixed.
>> --disable-verbose \
> This will seriously decrease your abilities to figure out what libcurl does.
> Perhaps you should consider enabling it while tracking down this issue of
> yours?
I changed this to --enable-verbose and installed the resulting curl and libcurl. It looks like it is now contacting the proxy as desired (it is nobody's fault but mine that the proxy is incorrectly configured).

So far I had found the --verbose option with --disable-verbose to be sufficient information for my needs, but I guess I can live with the extra 40k in the library if it can save me some time.

Thanks again.

Chris Ghormley