Re: [curl] Copy the darwinssl SSLContext peer trust into the PureInfo struct (#68)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 23:50:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 May 2013, nickzman wrote:

(I prefer having dicussions like this on the list so I'm CC'ing it now, this
thread comes from https://github.com/bagder/curl/pull/68 )

> The reason why I abandoned the idea is because I found a better way of
> solving this problem, at least on iOS and Mountain Lion - make it so that
> CURLOPT_SSL_CTX works with back-ends other than OpenSSL. I've been doing
> this on my own; I just never brought it up because I figured there was a
> reason why that feature was OpenSSL-only.

There isn't. It is only documented as OpenSSL-only because it is, it is not a
requirement nor does it have to remain like that.

I don't really like when we do things in the API that is SSL-backend specific,
but I'm also aware that some things still need to be done like that so that we
can provide good features.