Re: Make DNS requests follow the CURLOPT_INTERFACE if c-ares is in use

From: Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 09:14:07 -0700

On 05/28/2013 08:53 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 05/28/2013 08:17 AM, Kim Vandry wrote:
>>

>> Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com> wrote:
>>> I'm just now doing some more testing on my trees, and I'm getting
>>> trouble just resolving names
>>> with no special configuration. I'm going to fix this one way or
>>> another and will
>>> post some patches for review when I get them in order....
>>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> I was wondering if you had made any progress on this. I'd like to see the fearure in libcurl sometime soonish and I can lend a hand if that helps.
>
> My code tree is working well, at least in our tests. I will try to get patches
> cleaned up and will post for possible inclusion upstream later this week.

I am stuck debugging linux kernel crashes, so no time yet to work on this
yet.

If you want to make a try at it, you are welcome to take my patches and
work on them however you wish. The curl patches depend on the c-ares patch
to fix some crashes in it. I posted the c-ares patch a while back, but
got no feedback, and I don't think it was ever pushed upstream.

https://github.com/greearb/curl
https://github.com/greearb/c-ares

Thanks,
Ben