Re: CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY doesn't seem to work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:33:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Nico Williams wrote:

> I'm trying to get a variant of the sendrecv.c example (one that sets proxy
> authentication options) to work. It doesn't. curl_easy_perform() always
> fails, evidently because of this:

"evidently" ?

> or perhaps here:

> or perhaps in Curl_done():

> Perhaps it should just not call conn->handler->done() nor
> Curl_disconnect() when data->set.connect_only.

... so not so "evidently" then after all? Are you just blindly pointing out
spots in the code or how are you picking the spots you suspect and why those?

> The point is to unwind from here and return successfully from
> curl_multi_perform() and curl_easy_perform() without calling
> conn->handler->done() nor Curl_disconnect(), so the application can
> curl_easy_getinfo(CURLINFO_LASTSOCKET) then enter an event loop and
> servicing the socket with curl_easy_send() and curl_easy_recv(), as in the
> docs/examples/sendrecv.c example.

Why is done() not ok?

> Is my analysis correct? Did this feature use to work? What should a
> correct fix look like here?

I don't understand your analysis. Yes it used to work.

Can you start with clearly telling us what "doesn't work" mean?