RE: cURL using axTLS non-blocking

From: Hu, Eric <EHu_at_directv.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 21:42:17 +0000

> > Some problems I noted with a4decb49 are that axtls.c does not compile
> > (an infof message is incomplete) and it also causes test 311 to return
> > 52
> > (CURLE_GOT_NOTHING) instead of 51
> (CURLE_PEER_FAILED_VERIFICATION).
> > I'm not really sure if this is correct or not, so I left it as is.
>
> Sorry for that, I did that commit "blindly" without testing with an axTLS build.
> I just got so annoyed that the latest axTLS version fails miserably to build for
> me. And as nobody has complained, I guess it shows that the axtls backend is
> not our most widely used one...
>
> Can someone with a working axtls build please fix the build and send us a
> patch?

Well, if you want to make the jump to a non-blocking axTLS, the patch I submitted will fix the "does not compile" problem.

Even with that patch, the results of test 311 may require further consideration. If the cause is that VERIFYHOST is off, then the expected error should no longer be CURLE_PEER_FAILED_VERIFICATION, so perhaps the test case should change. If VERIFYHOST is on (I'm not exactly sure how to check this right this moment), then there's a deeper problem with the patch and it should probably be backed out.

Eric