Re: x64 libcurl

From: Jamey Kirby <kirby.jamey_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 22:51:33 -0700

I am at my wits end. I have a library that I built. I used dumpbin /SYMBOLS
and see there are the proper functions like _curl_easy_init. However, when
I link to the library, I get error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_curl_easy_init

I do not know what else to do? My client wants everything native windows VC
x64, so using cmake is not an option. I have been developing Windows
software for decades and this one has got me completely stumped.

I guess I have run slam into the downside of open source; no one to scream
at and throw money at to get an issue resolved. libcurl x86 works great in
the project. What is so complex that this is not working? Maybe that is why
there is no native x64 libcurl; no one has figured out how to do it yet...

At some point I have to give up. Been looking at Casablanca, but who needs
pplx; I am not offloading operations to tasks, I am developing code that
just talks directly to the server via http inline.

Every PC sold today is 64 bit. Right?

Sorry for going off. I have been looking at this for a month now and have
several full days trying to get this to work. I could write a Windows file
system driver in shorter time.

I even contacted Haxx and offered to give them money to make me a working
build; never got a response to the email.

-- Jamey