Re: strdup

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 12:47:50 +0200

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Ryan <meokid2_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2013, at 5:58 PM, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Does anybody has some hint how to make them compilable, still preserving
>>> them for platforms implementing strdup() ?
>>
>> Attached (completely untested) patch should fix the issue. At least,
>> as long as libcurl isn't built as a shared library with symbol hiding
>> enabled.
>
> Yeah, don't you think it would be a good idea to test the patch first before anyone does anything?

Patrick is one of the only few around here who seem to have a platform
which lacks strdup. So he is the appropriate one to test the patch in
order to verify if it works for him.

> The code could cause problems for all we know.

You should also test the patch and report back it it triggers any real
problem for you.

But, given your comment above, it is clear to me that you have not
bothered reading the patch. Otherwise you would not be saying what you
are saying.

Have a nice day,

--
-=[Yang]=-