RE: strdup

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 14:20:13 +0200

Yang Tse wrote:

> Attached (completely untested) patch should fix the issue. At least,
as long as libcurl isn't built as a shared library with symbol hiding
enabled.

> Give it a try,

Your patch is OK for lib1900.c, but not for lib509.c because it uses

(strdup)(ptr)

However by changing your patch to

#define strdup curlx_strdup

It compiles fine with that.
The next failure is linking: I do not export curlx_* symbols :-(

Finally, I managed to enable strdup on OS400 (it exists, but only for
C++: you have to define a special symbol to enable strcmpi(), strdup(),
etc for C). I think it's the cleaner solution.

By the way: if OS400 was the one an only platform without strdup(),
would'nt it be time to suppress "HAVE_STRDUP" and assume it is always
there ?

Thanks for your help,
Patrick