RE: New SSL backend GSKit, certinfo for everyone, etc.

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:40:05 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

Hi Daniel,
I hope your vacations were fine and that it's not too hard for you to
restart after them...

> Thanks for your work, it looks really promising! (I've always had a
bad conscience due to that OpenSSL-specific code for certinfo.)

You're welcome. I have to say I won't change non-OS400 SLL backends
myself, since I can't test with them, or for OpenSSL, the current code
is yet more complete. But the functions will be there for any volunteer
willing to implement certinfo :-)

> Apart from Dan's request about separating the work into more than one
chunk, I have some additional but minor comments:

I as told in my reply to Dan's remark, this patch is for a "preview" and
I'll commit in parts.

> Did you use 'configure --enable-debug' ?

I did not even know this option was for compile time (shame on me!). I
did so right now and updated the code accordingly.

> A less important request from me, is to separate assignments from
conditional checks.

Will be done !

Cheers,
Patrick