unpausing an upload

From: Justin Karneges <justin_at_fanout.io>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:12:52 -0700

Hi folks,

I'm returning CURL_READFUNC_PAUSE in my read function to tell curl to wait
until I have more data to send. I once I have data to send, I then call
curl_easy_pause() with the CURLPAUSE_SEND bit unset to resume the session.
However, my observation is that the session often gets "stuck" and does not
actually unpause. In examining the source to libcurl, it appears that
curl_easy_pause() only sets some internal data and returns. That is, it
does not actually run the curl engine. So, I think I must call some other
method immediately after curl_easy_pause() to get things moving again. Any
ideas?

For the moment I've tried curl_multi_socket_action() with
CURL_SOCKET_TIMEOUT which seems to be working, but it feels wrongish.

Thanks for any help.

--
Justin Karneges
Fanout, Inc.