Re: CURLOPT_USE_SSL,CURLOPT_FTP_SSL, CURLOPT_FTPSSLAUTH

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 21:29:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013, Roger Cabo - gfa_at_trainzland.com wrote:

> the easy option for FTP and auth "TSL" is irritating me. there are 3
> options. I want FTPS over expicit "TLS/SSL"

Okay, Nick already responded but I decided to read the docs and see where that
puts us...

> 1)
> ~curl_easy_setopt(curl, *CURLOPT_FTP_SSL*, CURLFTPAUTH_TLS)

The documentation for CURLOPT_USE_SSL clearly says "This option was known as
CURLOPT_FTP_SSL up to 7.16.4", so this is the old name for:

> ~curl_easy_setopt(curl, *CURLOPT_USE_SSL*, CURLFTPAUTH_TLS)

"Pass a long using one of the values from below, to make libcurl use your
desired level of SSL for the transfer" ... sounds like something you want.

> ~curl_easy_setopt(curl, *CURLOPT_FTPSSLAUTH*, CURLFTPAUTH_DEFAULT)

'Pass a long using one of the values from below, to alter how libcurl issues
"AUTH TLS" or "AUTH SSL" when FTP over SSL is activated'

So this affects which AUTH command that is sent when SSL is acticated, thus
not actually activating SSL on its own.

I'm afraid I don't see a problem with the existing documentation. There's also
a set of examples that could help...