Re: unpausing an upload

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:38:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013, Justin Karneges wrote:

> In examining the source to libcurl, it appears that curl_easy_pause() only
> sets some internal data and returns. That is, it does not actually run the
> curl engine.

Hm, yes I think you're right. But libcurl doesn't know what "engine" that
should be run as the unpausing is done the same way no matter which API you're
using so it can't know what to do...

> So, I think I must call some other method immediately after
> curl_easy_pause() to get things moving again. Any ideas?
>
> For the moment I've tried curl_multi_socket_action() with
> CURL_SOCKET_TIMEOUT which seems to be working, but it feels wrongish.

I think that's perhaps the best way to proceed, and that the best way for us
is to ducument this as how to do it when using the multi_socket API.

How would you think a way that wouldn't feel "wrongish" would look like or
work?