multi_socket POST doesn't finish, but PUT does

From: Justin Karneges <justin_at_fanout.io>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:08:32 -0700

Hi,

I am using POST by setting CURLOPT_POST to 1, setting
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE to the request body size, and streaming the
input using a read function (and streaming the response with a write
function). The entire request gets sent and as far as I can tell the entire
response is received as well. However, curl does not notify me that the
"easy" has finished and instead only gives me the following debug message:
"we are done reading and this is set to close, stop send"

Shooting in the dark, I tried using PUT instead of POST. Works fine! With
same input data and response.

As a workaround, I'm now doing POST by setting CURLOPT_UPLOAD to 1, setting
CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE to the request body size, and setting
CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST to "POST". In other words, I use the PUT
functionality but simply change the method to POST.

So, I think there's a bug here?

--
Justin Karneges
Fanout, Inc.