Re: Cannot get it work with 'CURLFORM_FILECONTENT'

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 15:00:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013, Ryan wrote:

> curl_formadd(&post, &last, CURLFORM_PTRNAME, "pic", CURLFORM_FILECONTENT,
> picture_file_name, CURLFORM_END);

Amazing!

curl_formadd was added to libcurl in on August 21st, 2001.

4354 days later(!) I pushed commit 41fb6443ceeda which fixes the problem you
mention above, exactly one week before you report it (again)...

(It was first reported by Byrial Jensen in
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2013-07/0258.html )

If you had checked the return code from the function properly you would've
known it failed because it returns an error to you. An easy work-around for
you is to use CURLFORM_COPYNAME instead of CURLFORM_PTRNAME.

(Alternatively, I'm completely wrong and the problem is something else...)