RE: v7.30.0 is slower than v2.29.0 when I upload files with FTP

From: Mike Mio <mikemio_at_rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 13:27:31 -0400

>> On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:53 AM, daniel.haxx.se wrote:

>> Can you for example try using curl to upload and use the --trace-ascii
and --trace-time to get detailed verbose logging with microsecond timing
resolution?

I certainly can. Here you go:
http://www.mentallyarranged.com/temp/dump_FTPuploads.zip

The zip contains 3 traces, one for each of v. 7.29, 7.30 and 7.32 done with
a local ftp server. I did each several times and the numbers were always the
same (or very close).

The 2 later versions take 1 sec. longer than 7.29 (which is very quick at
approx. 0.05 sec.). It seems that the delay is after the STOR and before the
data is transferred.

I tried to do a transfer in active mode, as you requested, with curl.exe by
adding --ftp-port 21 to the command line) but it "failed to resolve the
address provided to PORT: 21" even though it began with "Info: Connected to
192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) port 21 (#0)". I assume I am doing something
incorrectly but I don't know what it is. If you do, and can tell me, I'll
try it again.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again for looking at this stuff.

Cheers,