RE: IMAP not working reliably on Win32/VS2012

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:32:07 +0100

Hi John,

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013, John Dunn wrote

> Sorry about that. When I run my program I get three possible outcomes
>
> 1. Works without an issue
> 2. CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY with a partial read
> 3. timeout after 10 second with 0 bytes read

Interesting.

> > Are you able to reproduce the problem with a imap connection as opposed
> > to a imaps connection?
>
> Right now I only have gmail to test against which I think only supports
imaps.

I must admit I haven't used 7.32 much as I've been taking some time off from
programming out of hours so to speak ;-)

> > Additionally have you tried the curl command line utility to see if the
same
> > thing happens with that?
>
> Yes, it appears to have the same issue.

Interesting - My git repo and Visual Studio build is up to date but I will
give it a go with the released version of 7.32 first to see if I have any
problems against Exchange with imap and imaps.

Out of interest what SSL provider were you using? You mention a Visual
Studio build of libcurl so I'm guessing either OpenSSL or SSPI (SChannel).

> Here's a verbose output of a partial read that results in an error

Cheers - But for your sake I hope that was a test account.

Whilst you masked out your user details from the command line you included
them in base64 with the "AUTHENTICATE PLAIN" for the world to see :(

If it was a real account I would suggest changing your password ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve