RE: v7.30.0 is slower than v2.29.0 when I upload files with FTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 22:51:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013, Mike Mio wrote:

> The 2 later versions take 1 sec. longer than 7.29 (which is very quick at
> approx. 0.05 sec.). It seems that the delay is after the STOR and before the
> data is transferred.

Yes exactly. I've kind of danced around that function for a while and tried to
only pat it gently into behaving better. Clearly I should instead bite the
bullet and fix this once and for all.

I have what might be a first stab at a fix here locally. Will you be able to
do anything with it if I send you a patch to try out?

I've so far failed to repeat the problem on my own. It does require the
"right" timing from the FTP server and I've failed to force it so. And I can't
build anything windows!

> I tried to do a transfer in active mode, as you requested, with curl.exe by
> adding --ftp-port 21 to the command line)

You should've tried the docs for the option. You normally want "--ftp-port -".
The "port" in the name is for the PORT command, not TCP port number.