Re: curl_multi_remove_handle possibly broken

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 23:25:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013, Tolga Ceylan wrote:

> I'm trying to incorporate libcurl with boost::asio by following the examples
> in libcurl.

Using which libcurl version on what platform?

> 1) further calls into curl_multi_info_read() *still* returns handle X. As if
> 'curl_multi_remove_handle' did not take effect.

Ugh. That sounds really wrong...

> But if I disable CURLMOPT_PIPELINING, things work fine. It seems like
> pipelining breaks the easy handle / socket management in libcurl where the
> handles are referenced/kept when they shouldn't be.

As you have pipelining enabled it opens up for a whole range of further
questions, but let's first start with making sure that you're using a recent
libcurl version when you see these problems. Are you?

> Or if the user shouldn't remove/delete in-use pipelined handles, then how is
> this communicated to the user?

Pipelined or not shouldn't matter to the API.

Can you make a stand-alone example that repeats this problem?