RE: v7.30.0 is slower than v2.29.0 when I upload files with FTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 22:53:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013, Mike Mio wrote:

> Ok, I set up and built v 7.3.2.1 today.

There's something to be said about your sense of version numbers. The subject
has been wrong all the way and now you introduce a second mistake.

7.30.0, 7.29.0 and 7.32.1-DEV are the versions we're talking about! (and the
current git just turned into 7.33.0-DEV)

> I see that the ftp upload is faster (0.02 sec from STOR to 'upload
> complete') but when I try a group of files it seem to be fast for 1 or 2 (
> or 3) files then slow for 1 of 2 (around 1 sec) this repeats throughout the
> upload.

Again I'm interested in the details from a logged session. As you've seen, the
time is rather spent at some particular points in the process and it is
important to understand what point to be able to fix it.

But yeah, you can just as well try out my patch first too and if that doesn't
fix it completely either we can take it from there.

> So I tried to apply the patch that you included with the previous email but
> it fails. I am guessing that is because other changes have been made to
> ftp.c but I don't know enough about patches yet to say.
>
> This is the patch output:
> git apply 0001-FTP-fix-getsock-during-DO_MORE-state.patch

First, you can try using 'git am' on it which may or may not be different but
it should work. I've now attached a zip file with the same patch in it just to
allow you to save a file that hasn't gotten the line endings alterered due to
it having been sent plain as an attachment.

> Can you tell from that or should I just apply in manually?

My guess is a line ending conversion problem. The patch works fine in my end.