Re: Curl build on HP-UX failed

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 11:20:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013, Arunav Sanyal wrote:

> "conftest.c", line 59: warning #2549-D: variable "i" is used before its
> value is set
> int j = rand(i[0]);
> ^
> configure:17750: $? = 0
> configure:17752: result: no
> configure:17754: error: compiler does not halt on function prototype
> mismatch.

Interesting. The compiler complains on something that the test isn't testing
for so I would say it is a false positive there.

Does it work better if we fix that, like this?

   https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/09634f46fb98

But then the test seems to be designed to fail on the compile since it adds a
shadowing "mismatching" function prototype for one that should already exist
in stdlib.h ... So i'm not sure my fix helps.

Any ideas Yang?