Re: How to resume a paused download.

From: Md Kashif <mail_kashif_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 21:10:52 +0800 (SGT)

Hi,

I think I did not explain myself clearly. What I've done is that for download I initiate a separate thread. The easyhandle is global. The dialog on which pause button is present is on the main thread. When user clicks pause I call curl_easy_pause() to pause the download. When user clicks Resume then I unpause using curl_easy_pause(). However the documentation of curl_easy_pause() clearly says that it must be called from the same thread where download is happening.

1) Though pause\resume works in my case from different threads but I need to know if I'm doing something wrong here and should take a different approach because documentation suggests that I'm using curl_easy_pause() in a wrong way.

2) Now other option for me is CURL_WRITEFUNC_PAUSE but if I use it then how do I unpause?

Thanks,
-kashif