Re: Curl build on HP-UX failed

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 23:09:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013, Arunav Sanyal wrote:

> It just gives a warning. I think(based on what I understand from the error),
> the compiler is supposed to return an error and the compilation should fail.
> Is my understanding correct? If yes, then I have to find the appropriate
> compiler flag for the same.

Yes, that's the purpose of the test according to m4/curl-compilers.m4 where it
is located but I'm not sure why we need to fail the build because of this.
That's why I asked Yang about this since I believe he added that check so he
would be a good person to elaborate on its purpose.

I'm thinking it may be far from easy to find such a compiler flag, or possibly
even impossible.

You can easily just comment out CURL_CHECK_COMPILER_PROTOTYPE_MISMATCH from
configure.ac, re-run autoconf and then run configure again and that failure
shouldn't bother you.