Re: libcurl: HTTP NTLMv2 user authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 22:58:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013, Thomas Herchek wrote:

> We are using libcurl to make a HTTP Post to a SCEP server. We pass a
> username and password and set the auth type to CURLAUTH_ANY. Our client is
> telling us this is using NTLMv1 authentication and they want us to support
> NTLMv2. We using version 7.21.1 and are linking with OpenSSL 1.0.0a. Is
> NTLMv2 supported? And if so, how?

It isn't supported in the current code, not even in a current libcurl version.
Someone needs to step up and write the implementation and send us the patch.

I wrote the most of the initial NTLM protocol support code, but back then I
had NTLM test servers/pages setup by friendly people to verify that things
were working correctly - which I no longer have. And I never had it for
NTLMv2.

The best resource for NTLM protocol details is from my knowledge still this:
http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html