Re: PATCH: Curl Sanity patch for spnego authentication

From: Kevin Swift <Kevin.Swift_at_kaspersky.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 09:20:15 +0000

Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 19:44:18 +0100
From: "Markus Moeller" <huaraz_at_moeller.plus.com>
To: "libcurl development" <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Curl Sanity patch for spnego authentication

> I can only repeat the spnego code is for more than 4 years not needed as the Kerberos libraries can now handle spnego token. Why are you still using it ?
> Can you show me a case where it is needed ?
>
>Markus

Hi,

I have been trying to get SPNEGO working with fallback to NTLM (rather than using kerberos). Should this work out of the box? To do this I built curl with fbopenssl and have had to make a few changes to handle the 3-way protocol for NTLM and change the default gss mech to NTLM. Should I have started from a different base? For example using the Heimdal library to handle everything and ignoring the fbopenssl SPNEGO code? BTW it's not yet working so this is an experiment-in-progress. I'm also planning on trying the Heimdal library only today.

Apologies if the format of this message is incorrect I've just subscribed and had to reply via the digest.

Thanks,

Kevin