Re: Need help with ./configure (curl-7.32.0.tar.gz)

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:58:43 -0500

On Sep 24, 2013, at 9:07 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> (1) What is FILE support?

It allows curl/libcurl to stream file: URLs from/to your friendly neighborhood local or remote volume.

> (2) OpenSSL 1.0.1e is in /usr/local/ssl. How do I use it?

Can you post your config.log so we can see what's going on?

> (3) Will HTTPS become available once I use OpenSSL?

Yes. You're also welcome to try the --with-darwinssl option on OS X if you don't specifically need OpenSSL for something.

> (4) Are there options to specifically disable SSLv2 and SSLv3?

SSLv3? No. SSLv2? Use an engine that doesn't support it. Only OpenSSL and NSS still support it these days.

> (5) Is there an option to specifically disable compression?

Yes.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>