Re: Some questions about CURL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 00:11:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013, Sunny Khatri wrote:

> 1. What's the effect of not calling curl_multi_perform immediately again,
> even though if it returns CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM ? What impact or
> exceptions it can cause.

You're slowing down the transfer. But we ditched the CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM
return code a long time ago and only libcurls before 7.20.0 ever returns that.

> 2. What is the Significance of max_fd = 0 set by curl_multi_fdset. Any
> special considerations ?

max_fd = 0 is no special case really, it just means that a single file
descriptor is in use: 0.

max_fd = -1 however, is a special case and it is quite clearly documented:
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_multi_fdset.html

Or do you have questions left after reading that?