Can't use curl with TLSv1.2 (OpenSSL)

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 01:05:09 +0100

Hi all,

I see that, some of the auto builds that use earlier versions of OpenSSL as
well as my own Windows builds (currently using OpenSSL v1.0.0i) break due to
the new functionality from pull request #79.

I have just pushed a very quick fix to enable builds to continue, however, I
wanted to discuss what should happen if a user / programmer requests TLSv1.1
or TLSv1.2 with a version of OpenSSL that doesn't support the
SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1_1 and SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1_2 flags - which seems to be anything
prior to v1.0.1.

Do we need to return an error such as CURLE_SSL_CIPHER or
CURLE_BAD_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT rather than silently continuing?

Kind Regards

Steve