Re: CURLINFO_GNUTLS_SESSION (was Re: Patch: Support CURLINFO_CERTINFO with GnuTLS)

From: Christian Grothoff <grothoff_at_in.tum.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 01:19:23 +0200

On 10/23/2013 10:44 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013, Christian Grothoff wrote:
>
>>> Sorry for being slow, but can you please squash this into a single
>>> CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION patch for easier review? A patch for a patch is
>>> really hard to read and comment on properly.
>
>> Sure, here you go.
>
> This is now something pretty neat I'd say!
>
> A very little nit would be the man page section that says:
>
> Pass a pointer to a 'struct curl_tlsinfo *'.
>
> Isn't it so that you pass a pointer to a 'struct curl_tlsinfo' ?

The man page is correct; as the example shows:

  struct curl_tlsinfo tlsinfo;
  union {
    struct curl_tlsinfo *tlsinfo;
    struct curl_slist *to_slist;
  } gptr;

  memset (&tlsinfo, 0, sizeof (tlsinfo));
  gptr.tlsinfo = &tlsinfo;
  curl_easy_getinfo (curl,
                     CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION,
                     &gptr);

As you can see, I'm passing a pointer to gptr, which itself
contains a pointer to the tlsinfo. Hence ultimately
what is being passed is a pointer to the pointer. This
was done to comply with the 'struct curl_slist *' paradigm
which was used in other places of the code.

Happy hacking

Christian